Anvi'o in a nutshell
Anvi’o is a comprehensive platform that brings together many aspects of today’s cutting-edge computational strategies of data-enabled microbiology, including genomics, metagenomics, metatranscriptomics, pangenomics, metapangenomics, phylogenomics, and microbial population genetics in an integrated and easy-to-use fashion through extensive interactive visualization capabilities.
The latest stable version of anvi’o is
v7.1, and you can see the release notes here.
As a principle, anvi’o does not track its users by any means, but based on self-reported data on Twitter, there is at least one anvi’o user in the following countries:
We welcome you to join in our growing international community, and we look forward to hearing from you. Please share your concerns, ideas, and feature requests with the anvi’o community, or ask your questions on microbial ‘omics on our group.
Funding and Support
Anvi’o is here thanks to the support from,
- Helmholtz Institute for Functional Marine Biodiversity at Oldenburg (2022-).
- University of Chicago (2015-2022).
- Marine Biological Laboratory (2014-2015).
We were able to push the boundaries of anvi’o thanks to the funding we have received from,
- Simons Foundation (2020-2022, via the Simons Early Career Investigator in Marine Microbial Ecology and Evolution Award to Meren).
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation (2020-2021, via the Fellowship in Ocean Sciences to Meren).
- W. M. Keck Foundation (2018-2021, via the Microbiome dynamics and discovery through transfer RNA to Tao Pan, Meren, et al).